For many people, the term “estate planning” conjures images of documents and finances or involves thinking and talking about uncomfortable subjects like illness, death, and loss. But estate planning isn’t just a matter of paperwork and signatures; it’s about continuing to protect the family for whom you’ve always provided. Estate planning is not about death. Rather, it is an endeavor focused on life – the life you’ve built for yourself and the lives of those left behind after you pass away. Estate planning is about the love that motivates you to provide them – and yourself – with peace of mind and security, just as you strive to do every single day.
Understanding You As Much As We Understand the Law
At King & Chavez in Elyria, we understand that comprehensive estate planning is both profoundly personal and critically important. When you embark on your estate planning efforts, you need sound guidance from attorneys who have the knowledge and insights to craft a plan that will address all of your concerns and accomplish all of your goals. Our lawyers have more than four decades of combined and diverse experience that make us particularly well-suited to helping people just like you with every aspect of the estate planning process.
But your estate planning and business succession planning attorneys should know about more than just the law, finances, or taxes. They should know you. They should know what matters to you, what worries you, and what you want for your future and those of your loved ones.
When you meet with us, we’ll take all the time necessary to listen and learn. We will answer your questions and provide thoughtful, personally tailored ideas and options for all of your estate planning objectives. We consider it a privilege to work with you and your family as we shepherd you through the multitude of complex and sensitive issues that can arise as part of the estate planning process. We are always available and accessible and will remain so long after the ink has dried on your documents.
What We Can Do Together to Provide for Your Family and Your Future
Estate planning can accomplish a whole host of goals far beyond “who gets what.” Working closely with you, we can help you achieve many personal, practical, and financial objectives, such as:
- Shielding your assets from the reach of creditors and others.
- Providing for the care and well-being of your children in the event of a sudden or unexpected tragedy.
- Minimizing your tax liabilities.
- Ensuring that your assets are distributed according to your wishes and in a way that minimizes court involvement and the likelihood of family disputes.
- Providing a loved one with special needs with the care and resources he or she needs for a full and secure life.
- Helping you qualify for Medicaid benefits that can pay for a nursing home, assisted living facility, or long-term care while also preserving your assets for yourself and your children.
- Giving your loved ones and your physicians clarity and direction about your healthcare wishes and financial affairs if you become incapacitated and are unable to make such choices for yourself.
Comprehensive, Meticulous, and Personally Tailored Estate Planning Documents
With backgrounds in law, banking, taxation, and trust administration, the lawyers at King & Chavez know how important it is for estate planning documents to be clear, complete, and comprehensive. With your specific and unique goals always the focus of our efforts, we prepare meticulous estate planning documents and design comprehensive plans tailored just for you, including:
- Revocable living trusts
- Powers of attorney
- Designations of health care surrogates
- Irrevocable trusts
- Life insurance trusts
- Special needs trusts
- Medicaid planning
- Business succession planning
- Estate tax planning
King & Chavez, LLP: Trusted Elyria Estate Planning Lawyers
At King & Chavez, we welcome the opportunity to meet you and learn more about your estate planning needs and goals. Together, we can bring you and your family clarity, security, and peace of mind. Please call us at 440-365-0386 or contact us online today.